Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Bless our house and its heart so savage





Last week, a woman contacted me on Etsy telling me that she loved my 'bless our house and its heart so savage' embroidery (a bestseller, for sure!), but she wondered if there was any way I could add some vines and flowers, evoking an overgrown garden. I always love to work on custom orders for people, so as soon as I had a chance I got to work! For the lettering, I used my usual backstitch with two strands of embroidery floss. The vines were drawn on and then stitched with stem stitch, the leaves are lazy daisy stitches, and the roses are woven spider wheels, started with five straight stitches and woven with 6-strand cotton. I love the finished effect, and happily so does the customer :)








No comments:

Post a Comment