Tuesday, 2 December 2014

New embroidery


It's officially Christmas time here in Glasgow, with the lights up, the skating rink out, and the Christmas Market set up in the city centre. Honestly, I never used to be too excited by Christmas when I was younger. I think it was because when I was in school, I always had classes up until right before Christmas and then it was my birthday (December 21st) and I never really got into the excitement until just before the Big Day itself. I also was never one of those kids that would wake up at 6am to do presents - I knew the presents weren't going anywhere and I could totally have a few more hours before all the Christmas festivities got underway. #lazyforlife

But now that I'm an adult with my term for the year wrapping up, I am SO. READY. For the first time I'm not spending the holidays with my parents back in California, and am instead staying in Scotland with my boyfriend and his family. I'm so excited! I'm so excited I've actually already gotten all of my Christmas shopping for them done...and it has been done for a couple weeks now. Um.

This year, the real start of me getting into a festive mood was doing some holiday embroidery. I didn't want to do anything too obvious, like Santa or a Christmas tree or reindeer (although I did sneak that little guy into the shot), so I created this typographic design and stitched it up. I think it came out pretty well, if I say so myself! Even though it's been a bit crazy over here (full courseload, and I am chronically terrible at managing stress) I've still made time for my crafty hobbies. I'm hoping to get some more Christmas designs up in the shop soon, but I know I'll have to hurry if I want to make the final posting dates, eek!




No comments:

Post a Comment