Wednesday, 10 December 2014

A lovey for a friend







A little while ago, one of my favourite people announced that she was going to have a baby! This friend is one of the most genuinely sweet and nice people I've ever met, and I knew I had to make something for her the second I heard that. I eventually settled on this lovey design, which is based off of an avatar that she uses frequently -- a little cartoon bird :) I didn't use a pattern since it was totally custom; like usual I just sort of made it up as I went along. The base is just the classic granny square with a few extra edging rows in the gold colour. Luckily it all worked out pretty well! I'm only posting this after she's seen it so it wouldn't ruin the surprise, and also so I can say that happily she loved it! I think that something handmade is such a special present, and I really love making something unique and heartfelt for people I care about.


No comments:

Post a Comment