Monday, 13 October 2014

Free crochet pattern - Friendly Ghost!


Is this not the cutest little guy ever? I whipped this pattern up last night while I was thinking of what to do with my extra white yarn, and I thought I'd share it! Honestly, this is less of a pattern and more of a guide, since it's all very loose instruction - but it's such a simple make, I promise you won't get too confused! My finished ghost is 7cm across (minus the shells) and 9cm high.

Materials:
Yarn: White DK yarn, scraps of Black DK yarn
Hook: 3.75mm
Yarn needle
Handful of stuffing

Abbreviations:
sc: single crochet
ch: chain
2 sc in next sc: increase
* *: repeat step
F/O: fasten off

Special stitches:
Shell: skip 2sc, *dc in next sc*, repeat 6 times for 7 dc in sc total, skip 2sc, sc in next sc

Body (worked top down):
This pattern is worked in joined rounds.
1. ch 5, join
2. 2 sc in each sc around
3. *2 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc*, repeat around
4. *sc 1, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around
5. *sc 2, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around
6. *sc 3, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around
7. *sc 4, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around
8. *sc 5, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around
(This is as wide as I wanted mine to be, if you want yours wider keep making increase rows.)
9-25(?). sc around
(How many rows you do here depends on how tall you want it to be. I don't remember how many I did; I just kept crocheting until it was about 9cm high!)
26. *shell*, repeat around
F/O, weave in end.




Bottom:
This pattern is worked in joined rounds.
1. ch 5, join
2. 2 sc in each sc around
3. *2 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc*, repeat around
4. *sc 1, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around
5. *sc 2, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around
6. *sc 3, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around
7. *sc 4, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around
8. *sc 5, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat around
F/O, leave a long end

Assembly/decoration:
1. Using a yarn needle and the black scraps, stitch on two eyes and a mouth of your choosing - I went for a happy ghost.
2. Using the long end, sew the bottom piece to the bottom of the body not on the shells, but on the row before you started the shells. Sew until a small hole remains.
3. Stuff the ghost to however full you prefer, then finish sewing the bottom to the body.

That's it! So easy, right? If you make a little ghost friend I'd love to see it!

This pattern is an original pattern by Emily at Fawn and Peach (2014). Please do not claim this pattern as your own or sell it. Feel free to link to it as much as you want, but do not distribute it as your own. If you wish to sell items made from this pattern please let me know, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment