Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Teddy bear all-in-one - Sirdar 1774







I have been knitting away like crazy over the last two weeks, trying to make sure I finished this onesie before Allan has to leave; he returns to Scotland on Saturday and this project is going with him! It's a present for some friends' of his baby who's turning one in a few days. I'm so sad I won't be at the party to give the present, but I'm making Allan guarantee I'll see pictures of this being actually worn, at some point! 

The pattern I used was the Teddy bear all-in-one, published in the Sirday 1774 knitting pamphlet. I've had this favourited on Ravelry for quite a while,  so when Allan asked me if I would be willing to knit something for a present I almost literally jumped at the chance to make this. It's so cute! It's so fluffy! It has little ears! ! I didn't have any problems with the pattern, although the yarn was a bit hard to get used to. I made some slight changes that you can read about on my Ravelry project page here; the main way I deviated from the pattern was by fairly winging it when it came time to sew it together. I'm very pleased with how it came out, and think it's just the cutest thing in the world. Just look at those little feet! I hope the recipients love it as much as I do :)


No comments:

Post a Comment