Sunday, 4 May 2014

Plain and simple...

Isn't always so bad! I was super excited to wear my new skirt that I showed you all in the last post, but I didn't want to go to over-the-top - it's a gloomy Sunday and really I'm just running errands. I don't particularly wanna be walking around Sainsbury's in neons at the moment. I'm just looking for some hummus, trying to stay low-key over here.


I also recently got a really wonderful top from Boden that was the result of my long search (that involved complaining to several people about my difficulty) for a plain Breton top without a bunch of crazy nonsense on it, or an awkward neckline. So all in all yeah, this was pretty monochrome.

Cardigan: H&M
Top: Boden
Skirt: handmade
Tights: H&M
I added a pop of colour with those mustard tights that I told you I was starting to get into when I modelled the skirts with them. Shoes I didn't bother to take a picture of, just my plain go-to chelsea boots I got on ebay for seventeen pounds.


Another thing I wore that I'm super pumped about is this lipstick. Okay. It's Maybelline's Superstay 24 colour and it's incredible. I wore this on Thursday night, for eight hours, drinking out of multiple glasses throughout the night (it was a party y'all), got home, drunkenly took off my makeup with a lazy face wipe, and then woke up the next morning with some lipstick that I had missed still around the edges of my lips. Also? I got some on my hand by accident, and it just came off today. This stuff does NOT mess around! I mean I also think it's a very cute colour (this one is All Day Cherry) and I like how you can wear it shiny or matte, and I love how opaque it is, but I'm basically always looking for a lip colour that won't come off when I eat. Or kiss! Poor Allan is always getting lipstick on his face.

Now I'm off to spend the rest of my Sunday looking at DIY blogs and pretending I have a permanent residence I can decorate how I like. Sigh...one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment