Friday, 16 May 2014

A confession

Can I be totally real with you guys? You have to promise to be cool about it though. I have a secret.

...

I dislike about 90% of all knitting patterns. I'm not going to be rude and post a bunch of links to patterns I don't like, but from what I've seen, the majority of patterns out there are completely, 100% not my style. I'm not a shawl girl. Or a wrist-warmers girl. And then I always have a mental crisis about how the ones I do really like are so simple, what's the point of knitting them? But duh, the point is you can make it exactly how you want to make it. And that's what I'm doing!


This is two days of progress on Classic Sparkling Sweater. Things that made me take the plunge on this pattern:
1. It's made in DK weight, which I wanted, because I want to knit miles and miles of stockinette (that is hyperbole; the entire length of the yarn involved is one kilometre. So, a kilometre of stockinette)
2. It's knit flat and seamed, which I'm more comfortable with that knitting in the round, because I have a sewer's brain
3. It's simple and classic with no weird design features I'd have to work around. Perfect!


I chose this lovely dark green because my friend visited me in Edinburgh last summer, and had this gorgeous bottle green jumper that I've been coveting ever since. I'm using Stylecraft DK because I have very very sensitive skin, and can't stand the feel of anything even a tiny bit scratchy on my body and wanted this to be a sweater that could be worn without a shirt underneath, so wool was out. I honestly really like this yarn even though it's acrylic, it knits up soo soft.




I also did this adorable embroidery for a lady named Allison who wanted a custom present to give to her husband for their wedding anniversary. I always love making custom things for people but it also makes me a little nervous. Like I super don't want to mess it up, you know? Not something that's this important to people! Luckily, she did end up liking it, and I hope her husband feels the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment