Sunday, 24 March 2013

Layout change and random fun!


First of all, I've changed up the layout of this blog just a bit - check it out here! What can I say, I'm a sucker for scalloped edges (︶ω︶) this is what I'm doing instead of getting anything made, sigh. I've just been knitting away on my blanket with no progress at all on the Beyonce embroidery. Can't linger too long on that or I'll get a bit sad about it! So -


I was playing around with my camera and its different settings the other day - it's so annoying how rarely there is natural light to shoot in these days! Like, come on Edinburgh, it's spring - please stop with the snow? So this was taken on the hi-fi setting and then adjusted in photoshop to brighten the colours, and I think it looks rather bright and cheery! This piece here is my Smitten Kitten embroidery which I like so much I almost don't want anyone to buy it. (Also, the name of an online sex toy shop, I found out after listing it, haha.) I want to play with my camera more though! Like I have such a nice camera, it seems really ridiculous how rarely I used it. Shame on me. I've been especially interested in getting better at manually adjusting the focus because tilt-shift photography is the coolest.


I went to London last week with my boyfriend and his friend to see Louis CK at the O2 Arena! It was a ridiculous, exhausting, and amazingly hilarious experience. Louis CK is by far the best comedian currently touring and if you get a chance you should absolutely go and see him. I didn't take any pictures in the venue because, I mean, it was actually gigantic. I think there were something like twelve thousand people there?! Oh my gosh. But before we went to that we had dinner at an amazing restaurant called Honest Burgers. I love a burg. The menu was super small so you knew they weren't messing around and they had homemade lemonade! I guess taking pictures of your food is frowned upon these days but actually that is a stupid opinion held by joyless people. I love food. The only thing I am sad about is that I didn't really get to see much of London? It was my first time there (I know, shh, I suck) and we were so busy rushing around and getting to our hotel and on the tube to really get a good look at anything. Ah well, I'm going back down there in a month to hang out with my mom for a weekend so I'll get to do all the touristy things then :3


And one final thing - I just discovered the blog Cupcake's Clothes today and omg, I am totally obsessed. Georgina's Kitten Mittens outfit is like, my new life inspiration.(・◇・)I love finding new awesome blogs so much! What are your favourite blogs?



7 comments:

  1. I love the layout of your blog, it looks great! The header is super cute. Ohhhhhh man I want a burger so bad now!

    elissiam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love tweaking layouts so much -3- and yep welcome to my world of wanting a burger 24/7 :p I needed to upload this so I would just stop staring it on my phone, basically! x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blog I love the stitched kitty absolutely stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cute things! Love the kitten embroidery & the mittens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love those mittens too, I want them a lot :')

      Delete