Friday, 1 March 2013

fashion friday!

It's a thing, now, maybe?! I hope it is! Like if you know me even a lil bit you know that when I'm not making something, there is a 75% chance I'm looking at clothes online. So, I kind of want to try out posting about clothes a little more, as well as showing how I'm wearing the things I make! Seems like a win-win to me.

Here's how I wore the cat shirt:
cat eye eyeliner AND glasses! *WINK*

 Top: Chinatown/DIY
Necklace: Forever 21
Skirt: Forever 21
Tights: New Look
Shoes: not visible, because I'm pretty sure I was not wearing any shoes when I took this picture.

If I had been able to I would have word ankle boots with this outfit, but I had to go to the library and walk around on cobblestone and that wasn't happening! So I was just wearing black flats with a gold metal tip. Also, real talk: I couldn't figure out how to get them in the frame. It's a work in progress! I've also been wearing my glasses just about every day this week, since my eyes were so sore after an uncomfortable contact experience on Monday. Plus I've been spending lots and lots of time in the hot, dry library reading big old books by dudes named J.J. Gumperz. Also, am I the only one who never remembers to wear earrings? (Possibly.)


Besides Gumpin' out, another thing I did today was add to my art wall. I finally got two of the pieces I've been waiting for in the mail! My favourites are still the watercolour Valentine's cards that my boyfriend made me though (◡‿◡✿)

And one final topic for Fashion Friday...reseller sites. Do you all know what I mean by that? Take Oasap, for example. It hits all of my mental criteria for a reseller site:

  1. Free worldwide shipping, always allows returns,
  2. Pictures inconsistent and often feature different models (many of whom are eastern Asian), and
  3. Very descriptive titles, where every piece is titled with adjectives that describe it.
Romwe is another site like this, although they seem to be trying to get away from that a bit (and stick to Black Milk ripoffs). Anyway, the point I'm getting at is that how they make a profit is by buying from other resellers and then slightly marking up the price. So, when you see something on Oasap that you want but is too expensive, you should always check eBay (especially for jewellery). I found three examples like this in about ten minutes of searching.

Loose Fit Cat Print Sweatshirt. Romwe - $27, eBay - ~$19.

Lightning Look Ring. Romwe - $14, eBay - ~$4.50

Puff Sleeve Bound Waist Slim Mini Dress. Romwe - $39.50 (on sale), eBay - ~$42

So as you can see it's not always cheaper (although it would be if that dress weren't on sale) but you should always always check eBay! If you know the right keywords I'm pretty confident you could find almost anything on one of those sites for way cheaper. Maybe this is old news and I am totally preaching to the choir here, but I'm just trying to help you out a little bit! If you're going to buy cheap clothes, get them as cheap as possible :3


4 comments:

  1. I love ebay and junk like that but I never really spent time trying to figure out how to 'navigate' it unless I already had a super specific thing in mind, but looking through stores and THEN ebay makes so much sense!

    GOOD BLOG, GOOD LIFE,
    mensch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it works really well! a thing to do when you're not looking for a specific thing too is to search random keywords until you stumble across a huge reseller store, that's pretty easy too. Lol I am on ebay a lot ;( honestly though it isn't just stores like Oasap that do this, I saw an online jewellery boutique be like 'we made this, we designed it and created it and it's blah blah' but then I searched and I found it on ebay for like 99p :< oof guys be honest!

      good life, good face,
      emily

      Delete
  2. These pictures are amazing, I absolutely love your style!
    Please keep it up, I can't wait to see more :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you so much! That's so sweet of you to say :) I will definitely keep it up! xx

      Delete