Thursday, 27 December 2012

work in progress

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas and all that. I'm a little bit relieved that the day is over - I like Christmas of course but there's just so much stuff surrounding the holiday that drives me up the wall. Namely commercials and the same six or seven Christmas songs repeated over and over! Why can't we just listen to Last Christmas by Wham! ten times and call it a day?!


Anyway. I have a Project. Two of my friends are getting married on the 29th and unfortunately I'll be about five thousand miles away. I'm really sad that I can't be there but I thought I could at least make them something nice for their wedding. So naturally, embroidery ahoy! Satin stitching is difficult for me but I think I'm getting better at it (see above)!



This pattern is pretty simple; their names and an ampersand, the date of their wedding, and some beautiful delicate roses that I found in the vintage embroidery pattern pool. I seriously think these flowers are just so pretty. The little stems are stem stitched, and the letters and love heart are done in chain stitch. I'll post better pictures of the whole thing when it's done. You can't really tell in these photos, but in person the fabric has the prettiest little tiny flecks of glitter, spaced quite far apart, just for a small amount of sparkle. Soo pretty.

What have I mostly been doing while home for Christmas, though? Well. Getting right up into my cats' faces and taking pictures of them, of course. The catte pictured below is currently taking up a disproportionately large amount of my bed and cleaning his face. What a cutie.

Look at this beautiful dude. 



No comments:

Post a Comment